If you’d rather be a home herbalist than a medical herbalist, we’ll be running our home herbalist course again this year.
HOME HERBALIST COURSE
Home Herbalist course – 2019 – 2020
THE COURSE WILL COVER:
- 20 herbs
- Basic botany and plant ID
- How to gather and harvest plants safely
- Learn how to make decoctions, ointments, creams, tinctures and teas (and many more!)
- Learn how and when to treat children (and when not to)
- Culinary herbs and spices as medicines
- Herb growing at home and much more
There will be 6 workshop days (all Saturdays) from 10am until 4pm, and a light vegetarian lunch will be provided.
- 21st Sept 19 – Introduction to herbs (Elder Farm)
- 26th Oct 19 – Winter remedies (Ashbrittle village hall)
- 23rd Nov 19 – Herbal gift making (Ashbrittle village hall)
- 28th Mar 20 – Cream making (Ashbrittle village hall)
- 25th Apr 20 – Summer remedies (Elder Farm)
- 30th May 20 – Herb growing and harvesting at Elder Farm
The course will take place at Ashbrittle village hall and Elder Farm (further details will be given on joining the course).
There are 10 places available and these will be given on a first come, first served basis.
The rest of the course will be distance learning.
The course costs £550 and covers all materials and a vegetarian/vegan lunch.
To book your place, complete the following application form and send a non refundable deposit of £50.